Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's a tough decision, any thoughts?

So I bought this yarn the other day. It was on sale, I know, but I've already confessed my sins. This yarn is simply lovely. I am in love with this yarn. I think it would be great to make a sweater out of one day. The yarn is (new) New Tweed by Tahki Yarns.


Looking at it, I thought it would a great set of arm warmers. And it does. I started with a simple k1tbl, p1 rib and I love it.


But now, I love it too much. I am thinking of making a pillow with this yarn. As you can see I have other colours to go with it.


I am thinking of a cylinder shaped pillow that I can fill with buck wheat husks (probably line it first).


So what do I do? Do I give up on these lovely arm warmers in favour of a new pillow (something I need more than yet another set of arm warmers) or do I keep going with the project I already know the yarn loves? It's a tough decision. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

kracicot said...

What about a Cozy(http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cozy)? Or a Twin Wrap(http://www.ravelry.com/projects/hilltopyarn/twin-wraps-by-jenny-chase-rappaport)?

If you prefer smaller projects I would finish the wrist warmers, and maybe make a hat or two with the rest. Although a nice multi-colour scarf would be lovely too! So many options...

TinkingBell said...

I'd do both - when I like stuff I always figure I can have it all - anything worht doing is worth overdoiung! (Nice yarn BTW)

Holly said...

Do you have enough for both? Maybe the armwarmers and the the pillow, mainly in the other colors and the blue as an accent?

Just a thought.