Sunday, January 06, 2008

the most adorable critters

You remember those little sheep I showed you? You know the ones. Where I not only re-learned how to crochet, I also learned how to read a crochet pattern. You remember those right?


Some of you asked what the books is. The book is "Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Amigurumi" by Tomoko Takamori. It is good luck for me that this book is translated into English, as the learning curve would have been far steeper if I had had to learn Japanese as well as crochet.


There are the most adorable critters in this book. Of course, I start with one of the more difficult patterns: sheep from the woolen planet.


This is what I have so far.


I'm looking at this mess of body parts and I imagine what the finished product would look like if it was put together by someone who had no idea what it is suppose to be. Imagine, a foot for a face and a tail for a foot. It would look quite silly really. I think to myself, I sure am glad it's not my job to put this mess of body parts together.... oh wait, it is. ops.


This is going to be an adventure.

4 comments:

TinkingBell said...

Can't crochet - but I live arigumi (can't spell - but still like - you ARE clever!) Looking forward to seeing it with the body parts mainly in the right places!

Holly said...

Can't crochet either. But even in knitting toys, I am made crazy but the sewing up at the end. Ugh! Looking forward to seeing the final cuteness.

Michael said...

Hey, how is that yarn working out for you?

Nat said...

My secret evil plan to see such cuteness actualized appears to be working. Yes!! :)