Saturday, January 05, 2008

that little box with those Picasso-esque letters

My weather pixie seems to be alive again. That makes me glad, even if she seems to think it's raining out right now when it is actually sunny.






I finally gave the last of my holiday gifts yesterday. Back in September I began to make three scarves for three people.





I decided to try my hand at my new spinning skill, so I selected some hand painted merino fibre by Fleece Artist...





...and made it into yarn. Very, very thin yarn, which I Navajo Plyed and then knit into lace scarves using a variation of the Montego Bay Scarf by Amy Singer (Interweave Knits Summer 2007).





This pattern is very easy to learn and an excellent thing to try if you have never knit lace before. You can adjust it to your desired width and it really compliments the 'texture' of my handspun yarn. I'm very pleased that everyone likes their presents. Now I have to start thinking of birthdays.








In other news, spam is invading blogs. You know those comments where someone you never heard about says that here is that link to running your own business from home that you asked for but if you click on the link it takes you to a site that is either discontinued or a hacker site? I've been getting those popping up around my blog lately. So, I am going to do something I don't like to do. I'm putting word verification back on my comments page. I'm sorry, I know, it sucks. Personally, I cannot stand that little box with those Picasso-esque letters in it that cause major brain strain to read. You know, I never did get along well with the alphabet at the best of times, and I secretly suspect that someone designed these word verification boxes just to mess with me.



Today: study, study, study, spin, study some more while drinking tea, repeat.

2 comments:

TinkingBell said...

Beautiful beautiful - both the yarn and the scarves- you're so clever! Lucky recipients!!!! (I forgive you for the unreadable leters!)

Cynthia A. said...

Oh, gorgeous handspun and scarves! What a cute idea for a gift box too!