Saturday, February 23, 2008

I helped set up for the Spin-in yesterday

I simply cannot believe that I missed the guild meeting this month. I was so looking forward to it too. It's this week, I tell you, it's been a week of Tuesdays and I never could get the hang of Tuesdays. It has been a crazy, crazy week and I thought that the meeting was next week. Imagine my surprise when Kitten tells me how she missed me at guild last night. I tried desperately to convince her that there was no guild meeting last night even though she attended it. It didn't work. Still, I'm sorry to have missed it.

I did get to learn some interesting things about bread making and flour grinding from Kitten and my spinning instructor (sorry, I haven't got a pseudonym for you yet). I'm still hesitant to buy my own grinder as it is quite an investment, but the more I learn about it, the more I feel it would be an affordable, and more healthy, alternative to buying flour at the shops. I'll see how things go as I have that money earmarked for spinning toys (carder!).


I helped set up for the Spin-in yesterday (that's where I met Kitten and my instructor/mentor) and it's sure going to be a lot of fun. If you are on the fence about coming to see the vendors, get off the fence and come (but not until I have had a chance to shop). I got to see some of them set up yesterday and I tell you this, they have lovely, lovely things for sale. I think I even saw some yarn for sale as well. Mmmmm.... yaaaaarrrrnnnnn......

1 comment:

TinkingBell said...

Oh lucky you - I don't spin but I love to watch those who do!! Have a wonderful time (I can't cope with Tuesdays either - I wonder why they're so difficulat?)