Monday, February 04, 2008

The Sweater Adventures

I am thinking that I really should give The Sweater a proper name soon.



It's almost finished as I joined up the sleeves with the body and completed the colour work in the yolk.

I love this colour-work pattern (even if it is a 30 stitch repeat). It's based on some of the oldest known knitted artifacts. I feel a real sense of connection with all the knitters around the world and when I knit this. We may all be different people knitting different things at different times with every other thing about our lives being different. But, we all knit. It makes me feel very fortunate to be part of such a noble tradition. I think the combination of all the different elements of this sweater being from different times and different places really brings that feeling home for me.



Once I'm finished, I'll write up the pattern in three sizes. If I don't miss my guess, this would knit up really well with Peace Fleece yarn; though, I used Briggs & Little Heritage.

3 comments:

TinkingBell said...

I love the jumper - beautiful colours and colour work - I too love popadums - and did you know you can microwave them? 40 second, then flip them and rotate 90 degrees! -All the fun without the fat!!

Robin said...

Your sweater is looking great! I really like the light blue and purple combination.

Anonymous said...

I would love to knit this sweater.
I am Bear Clan from the Iroquois Confederacy and I look forward to hearing from you.
I am looking for a winter project knitting.
Have you had the chance to release the pattern yet?
If you have, could you please email it to me at
whitebear369@yahoo.ca or mamabear_733@hotmail.com

Many Thanks in Advance
Skennen'kowa
Okwarakon
Bear Clan