Friday, February 22, 2008

This weekend is for spinning

This weekend is for spinning.

The week itself has been rather busy for a reading break. So busy with little things and family matters that I haven't blogged as often as I had hoped. I've hardly had a chance even to knit.

The adventure of Jenshine's gift continues. I've frogged and re-started it again. I think this is try seven, or is it eight? Anyway, I've decided to go with a more simple design as my brain is not willing to grant me the power I need to figure out how to make the pattern work out. The new problem: I've gone for a very simple sock design and a very simple colour. It seems rather dull for such a lively individual. I think I have time to start again, but that means buying yet more yarn. ug. I'm lost in a mist of worry and hope. I want to get her something very special, so perhaps it will be the very simple socks and something else.



But this weekend is for spinning.

The Victoria Spin In is tomorrow. All the spaces filled up really quickly. There are a lot of people who spin around here; more than you think. But if you are not registered, there is still hope.

From 10am until noon, they are opening up the hall so that anyone can come and buy from the vendors. So, if you are interested in some spinning supplies, this is a great opportunity.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: