Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Today is a frogging sort of day

I was knitting away at my sweater, proud as peaches that I'm almost finished. I reached the part where I was to start the neck band and I realized that I had over 40 extra stitches. I had assumed that all decreasing rounds were created equal. Now, I've done this sort of thing before: I knit what seems right as an attempt to save time by not doing the math. Now I (probably) have to frog. I'll try one last ditch attempt to save face by adding an extra decrease row at the end, but who knows how it will turn out.



I went out and bought some different Yarn for Jenshines' birthday present. The stuff I had originally bought was absolutely divine; just not cut out for socks. So I bought some sock yarn and now I'm as happy as a clam.


I want to show you just how much I love my friend Jenshine:



Just look at all those bits of yarn this pattern requires dealing with at one time. I would say, "what kind of fool came up with this pattern?" but that would be me. The effect is more than stunning though.
Actually, this isn't an entirely accurate depiction as I made it too small and I need to frog it and start again. That is love.

1 comment:

TinkingBell said...

You are brave - I'm proud of you (hate having to re-do things because I haven't prepared properly - I always hear Mum's voice in my head saying 'more haste, less speed'!)