Saturday, March 08, 2008

I'm in love

How do you take photos of something that is considerably larger than yourself when you are inside and haven't enough room to back up so as to get the entire object in the shot?

This is a puzzle I've been working on all week.

When I confess the fourth and final object I brought home a week ago, you are going to think I'm insane. "What were you thinking?" you will ask me, "You live in an apartment, which is full of lots of thing already, important things like furniture, you simply don't have room for something that large." This is why I like you people, you are very smart.

No matter how much we attempt to divest ourselves of stuff we don't use (anyone want to buy a large quantity of shamrock pattern Denby Wear or to pay good money for 10, ops make that 11 boxes of books?), there is still only a finite amount of space in the apartment.

But I couldn't say no. It's such a wonderful object. I'm in love. When you see it you will know why I couldn't resist.

Maybe I'll attempt to take it to a park somewhere to take some photos for you. Although it is unlikely that it will fit through the doorway now that it’s been reassembled. I'm not going to tell you what it is until I have the photos to show it off, I'm just that selfish.

1 comment:

TinkingBell said...

Can't help with Hotcross buns, but I'll dig around for an oatmeal bcracker recipe I have somewhere - great with pears and chutney!

No, being bored with grey socks doesn't maake you a bad knitter - it just means you're bored with grey socks! Grab some rainbow sock yarn and make some rainbow socks!