Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's been a slow, rainy kind of a day

It's been a slow, rainy kind of a day.


Even so, I got quite a bit accomplished today. I washed some more fleece, I candied some citrus peal (to make more hot cross buns with this weekend as I gave all mine away to Y), I baked mince meat tarts (it was so cold and damp out, I felt winter had come back to torture me, so I needed some make-winter-feel-better food), read some Kant, started knitting Clessidra with some yarn from my stash (kudos to me for using stash yarn and not buying new stuff), vacuumed the house and got Jenshine's present ready to go as it is her birthday today!


I think that this is the last knitting I'm doing for someone else for quite some time. It's been over a year of knitting projects for others (remember the wedding gift?), and as wonderful as that might be, I really want some me knitting time this year. I'm so caught up in the anxiety of whether the recipient will like it, that knitting just isn't fun any more. I've lost my knitting mojo and I want it back. That's what these Clessidra socks are for - a nice textured knit that I can knit just for myself. I don't begrudge knitting for others, in fact I quite enjoy giving them something I made, something that is purely unique, something that is just for them. It's just, well, I've had enough of it right now and I really want to be selfish for a while. I hope that being selfish in this way doesn't make me a bad friend. I'll have to buy them some extra nice chocolate to make up for it.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

It's not selfish. Every now and then you want to enjoy the rewards of your work. Go for it! Your friends will forgive you. Although the chocolate isn't a bad idea.