Saturday, March 15, 2008

mmm... soup.

So, um, sorry about the really long post yesterday. If you did manage to read the whole thing, you are a saint.




I don't know if you can tell, but I'm really passionate on that particular topic and I can, um, go on for hours if encouraged. Who am I kidding, I don't need encouragement to talk at great length on the subject. Since my post yesterday, I've written the introduction, a good chunk of the section on food and food shopping and done an in-depth outline of the rest of that section (all first draft ofcourse). The rest of that section needs some research to complete, but that I can do as I go about my daily activities over the next month or so. This book practically writes itself.




How long should it take to write a book? I think that if this was the only thing I was working on, I could have the first draft finished in just over a month. If I remain as busy as I am these days, I would have it finished by the time summer is over. My only problem is that there is so much I want to put into it, there is no way it will all fit. I'll have to leave something out for the potential sequel. But I'm not going to bore you with the details.







Today is a day for reading Kant, planting beets in the allotment garden while checking on how everything else is growing, eating this yummy chicken noodle soup I've made from scratch (so good, and to think by making it this way I can feed up to 10 people for less than $3 total using top quality organic ingredients and it's healthier than store bought, prefab stuff too), and knit Clessidra:




Coming along nicely I think. I especially enjoy knitting with the stitch markers that Y made for me. Thank you again Y.

1 comment:

Holly said...

No good formula for how long it takes to write books = depends on the subject and how much time you have (or want to take).
Some fiction writers (those with lots of money and research staff) crank out three full length novels a year.
It took me six months of compiling and editing. (and editing and editing)
But - more time than a pair of socks and less time that your UFOs (grin)