Thursday, March 20, 2008

spinning makes yarn

There has been a bit of spinning here and there.



Mostly it happens when I get frustrated with reading Kant. He may have been a brilliant man with some amazing ideas, but oy vey, he was simply hopeless at writing. Sentences should not last more than three pages. I'm telling you, they just shouldn't.


However, the repetitive motion of my hands and the wheel going round and round are very soothing to me. It is the perfect counterbalance to my frustrations.


The yarns shown are spun on my Quebec wheel. The white yarn is two ply wool (from the free fleece) and the red yarn I spun from a wool silk blend from Twist of Fate. I made it a woolen spun, single (unplyed yarn) because I wanted to see what it would be like to knit socks with it. It's not the most even yarn in the world, but I think the texture shall make it even more enjoyable to knit.

5 comments:

Josiane said...

Oh, I *love* the red yarn! It will certainly be very enjoyable to knit with it, both because of the texture, and the colours: they are lovely. Can't wait to see the socks!

~Tonia~ said...

They are both so pretty. I can't wait to see the socks with the red.

Micky said...

Thanks. And yes it's fun to do.
~
Pretty. I can see how it would be relaxing. It's just not something I want to get into. I'm addicted to yarn enough, without trying to make my own.
And yeah, 3 pages? Sounds a little bit more than long-winded.
Seems you'd forget your train of thought after 1 1/2.
:)

Robin said...

Yummy yarn! You are doing such a great job at your spinning. Don't forget about the guild meeting tonight!

JustApril said...

VERY pretty stuff - One of these days I'm gonna try that =)