Monday, April 28, 2008

Saanich Scattered Artists 2008 Studio Tour

This weekend was the Scattered Artists Studio Tour. As part of the tour, the Victoria Handweavers' and Spinners' Guild had a sale.





There was yarn...





...and knitted items...





...and woven goods...





...and these amazing bags.



(and those socks there in the middle were so soft...I almost took them home with me.)

All these were made by hand by guild members. It completely overwhelms me to see just how skilled these people are.





I stopped in for just a few minutes and ended up staying over three hours thanks to sarsbar (Ravelry link). She allowed me to help dress her loom which was an impressive amount of fun.





I worry that I am turning into a weaver sooner than I had hoped for as I also bought an inkle loom from one of the guild members who was there. The price wasn't too steep and well within my current budget - half a cup of coffee, black, no sugar.





Here is a photo of A Rose's inkle loom that she was weaving on at the guild sale. I have a really great photo of her weaving on it, but I forgot to ask her if I could put it online.



2 comments:

Josiane said...

Wow, those bags are truly beautiful!

sarsbar said...

Glad you had a good time - and thanks for your help!
s.