Saturday, April 19, 2008

weather update

The weather report has gotten worse:




Greater Victoria. Snowfall warning in effect. Today..Flurries ending late this morning then cloudy with sunny periods and 40 percent chance of flurries or rain showers. Local snowfall amount 2 cm. Windy. High 6. UV index 3 or moderate. Tonight..Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Windy. Low plus 2. Sunday..Cloudy with sunny periods and 60 percent chance of flurries or rain showers. Windy. High 7.




My beautiful alpaca-silk hat from soft, heavenly yarn, did an excellent job of keeping me warm on my walk this morning. I figured I should get out and exercise before the snows return, so I walked down to the Moss St Market. They have what is called a half market today, meaning there is almost nothing there. I did manage to get three different kinds of local honey, which is always nice.



There are itty bitty snowflakes starting to fall now, and I hear that about fifteen minute drive from my home they already have three inches of snow on the ground. What is this world coming to?

1 comment:

TinkingBell said...

Wow snow (it was like that when we were over at the beginning of may 5 years ago!)

Loved the info on Vancouver! I really love Vancouver - and adore indian food so we eat it lots - especially great vegetarian food!! Oh the dye looks great and your hat is wonderful and I want my very own tiffin tin (and if you had a few you could store small WIPs in them to carry around!