Saturday, May 24, 2008

Knitting and Sewing

Today I'll be knitting in a park enjoying the sunshine and a nice picnic lunch with these happy bees.


But, before I head out, I was wondering if anyone has either of these books and can tell me a little bit about them. Are they worth getting? (In theory, if you click on the photos, it should send you to the Amazon.ca page for each book.)



Keep in mind that I am very new to this sewing thing. I'm the kind of learner that likes to know how everything fits together and have a lot of trouble just following step by step instructions. I know my library would probably carry the books, but I can't go in there due to my allergies - as it is, I have to read any book in a well ventilated location (like outside) and entering a book store or library to have a browse through the books would do me in. So, I will rely on you wonderful people to tell me what to buy (don't get too drunk on the power I'm giving you).

1 comment:

adamgv said...

I love knitting! The only thing I have a problem with is fuzzies which cling to my garments. The best thing to use is a fabric shaver. The best one I know of is on the link.