Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Knitting stocking stitch

Knitting stocking stitch can be the most fulfilling experience when the yarn is right.


I started these socks some time ago and they quickly became my take-with-me knitting. The yarn is Arucania Ranco Multy from Fun Knits. The yarn is hand dyed and makes a random colour pattern in the fabric like looking into a long lost lake hidden in the mountains of South America. Every stitch is like a new adventure because the colour changes so frequently. The texture is soft, but strong just like sock yarn should be.


I'm actually kind of sad to finish these socks because it means no more knitting with this yarn for a while. I do have quite a bit of yarn left over, so perhaps one of my friends will get married and have kids so that I can knit baby booties out of the thrums.

3 comments:

Josiane said...

It's great when the yarn makes even the simplest pattern that enjoyable!

Nat said...

You could make baby booties for teddy bears too (or for some adorable crocheted sheep?)

teabird said...

Beautiful socks - I agree about stocking stitch. It's so relaxing and meditative to just knit knit knit -