Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sivia Harding sure can knit lace

Attending the Sivia Harding talk yesterday makes me want to knit lace in the worst possible way. Was there ever a lot of lace.







(I just love bloggers)


Sivia described knitting as a gateway to awe and wonder and by putting beads on a lace shawl opens a gateway to a magical world. It appeals to the child within us. And seeing all those beads on the Harbour Lace Shawl, I couldn't agree more.






I meet some new friends,



What a lovely sight to be greeted by upon entering: a welcoming woman in a lace shawl. It doesn't get much better than that.



Here's Nigel 's feet who knit some lovely socks out of the new Noro Kureyon.





He caught me trying to take a candid shot of his feet and gave me a much better view of his yarn prowess.





A shout out to Sheep's Bane and to Uli who I was also blessed to meet.











I had best get ready for today's adventure. As you know, I'll be manning the Fun Knits booth in Shelley's absence. We sure did miss her last night.





So far the weather is windy, but no clouds which means this might be the first time it doesn't rain when I attend the Victoria Fibre Festival.





The weather says: Greater Victoria. Today..Cloudy with sunny periods. Clearing this afternoon. Windy near Juan de Fuca strait. High 19. UV index 7 or high.





Saxe point is quite exposed which means, it's going to be a windy adventure. I hope everyone has a chance to drop by the Fun Knits tent and say hi to Joan and myself. It's the first time we've had to do something like this without Shelley, so we are a bit nervous. Excited too, I mean, who wouldn't be? I just have remember to not pile the yarn up in a big heap and roll around in it.

2 comments:

Miss Scarlett said...

Very nice socks indeed.

Ha! I think it would be well worth it to pile the yarn and roll in it!

Josiane said...

Looks like your weekend was off to a great start! I hope that today goes well too. Have fun!