Monday, June 23, 2008

this is where I learn how many words my thesaurus can substitute for 'lovely'

I quite enjoy the anonymity that my real life provides. I like to pretend that as a person, I’m pretty obscure. I admit it; I’m the very definition of an introvert. I do enjoy being around people; however, I also need me-time at the end of the day. For that reason, more than anything else, I keep my every-day life, pretty much to myself. Me, the actual, walking, talking and knitting self, remains fairly hidden to the world.

My virtual self, the self that writes this blog, is, on the other hand, somewhat better known. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that Trampled by Geese is well known in local yarn circles. It’s more like it’s infamous.

I’m laughing to myself when I remember a conversation I had about my blog while attending the Victoria Fibre Fest yesterday. This one wonderful fibre friend was telling me about my/this blog without realizing that the person standing in front of her was me, the author of this blog. (I hear there was a question later on about whether I was a journalist. Yes, if someone wanted me to be; but so far, I’m just a philosophy student who enjoys playing with yarn.) I’m very happy she had such good things to say about my blog. I think that’s the biggest compliment I’ve had in a long time especially because she didn’t even know it was me.



The Victoria Fibre Festival had so many lovely tents. Did you know that you can buy chocolate knitting needles garnished with 14 karat gold dust? Talk about luxury! Chocolate knitting. I’ve only ever seen them at this festival, so you will just have to wait until next year to get your hands on them.

Here is a photo of Kitten next to the Fun Knits tent.




I was thinking that I don’t remember taking this photo, but if you look closely, I’m in it, so that would be why. Still, how did my camera get way out there?

And Curleysalamander spinning away.



It was so wonderful having her sitting at my elbow. Just having her near felt like a giant hug.

It was exquisite to see so many people that, before now, I only knew online. Also, to exchange a few words with all the lovely people who I only seem to meet at these events. Of course there were old friends and new, all of which were delightful. You know what, everyone was a pleasure to be around. I know you are all yarn-people, but I think we must have had the cream of the crop out and about yesterday. I really wish I could have sat down with each and every one of your for an hour or longer just so I could admire your knitting and share yarn-dreams. As it was, I feel as if I didn’t get to talk to anyone for more than a few seconds at a time. But that’s events for you, visiting them is such a different experience to working them. I love doing both.

And of course, it’s not a fibre fest without those blessed creatures from whom we are gifted the fibre.




How adorable.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I can only imagine the thrill of someone telling you about your blog not even realizing that it was YOUR blog they were talking about! Good job Raven! You're out there...

Skipper said...

Yup, he sure is adorable... oh, and the llama's cute, too! (The young man in black to the llama's left is my grandson River.... lol).