Monday, June 02, 2008

Why I'm not a doctor

Thanks for the sore throat advice everyone. Those are some good tricks to keep on hand. About the brandy, it was actually a GP that recommended it as the 'world's best cough suppressant; far better than anything I could prescribe for you.' I usually add it to some hot lemon and honey (never mix with medicated stuff though).

I went to the doctor's office today since it has now been hurting me for over a month. It seems that it is not my throat and ears that are sore, it's my jaw. Apparently I cannot tell the difference, so it's a good thing that I'm not a doctor. So it's a liquid diet for me.

Anyone suggest some easy to chew, high calorie recipes that don't contain any: blueberries, yeast, soy, cane sugar, processed grains (Whole grains fine), all dairy, garlic, barley, eggs, malt, peanuts, or sesame?

3 comments:

Josiane said...

Oh, my! One month... so you had tried the time thing... sorry it didn't work for you.
As for what to eat, I can't think of anything great right now, but I'll let you know if anything comes to mind.

Marigold said...

When my molars were erupting, and I couldn't chew anything, I was still able to slurp canned tuna. it's cheap, high calorie, and tastes okay. Do you like tuna? Also, chili cooked until the beans were squishy was eatable, too.

Sarah's Blog said...

What about http://www.sequelnaturals.com/vega/products/whole-food-health-optimizer/features-benefits