Saturday, July 26, 2008

Design your own

Can you imagine being able to design your own fabric without having to warp a loom or clean up the dye pot afterwards? Have a look at this new idea.

(and yes, before you ask, I am catching up on the 300 odd blog entries I haven't read over the last week - 300 entries in one week, either every one's very busy or I might just be reading too many blogs. At least Google Reader keeps everything organized for me so I know which I've read and which I haven't.)

4 comments:

Josiane said...

What a great idea! Thank you once again for sharing the link.

Nat said...

Thanks for sharing this, that's a fantastic idea. :) It's too bad (though understandable) that it's a bit pricey...I could see ordering some small swatches and using them as details for projects.

TinkingBell said...

Great stuff - Umm, re the dye job - did you mordant the fabric? Try soaking over night in vinegar and then dye - should come up in superintense colours! When fabric is made it is often starched and you need to get rid of the starch to take up the dye!

TinkingBell said...

Oh and I don't know that type of dye (but if you ask on Rav I bet someone will help - does it need heat setting? eg - a couple of minutes in the microwave or a rinse in hot water?