Thursday, July 31, 2008

Excited sewing

I made a shirt.


There are only two mistakes. Serious, but understandable. This is after all my first time sewing a shirt.


One of them is obvious when you think about it. I tried to make a blouse and ended up making a shirt. Want to know what's the difference? It's where the buttons are. I mixed up the front panels. So much for blindly following directions.


The other, less obvious, but serious mistake is the size. I'm a size 4 these days, so I could not believe that my measurements would make a size 12 on the sewing pattern. So I made a size 8 (it's about half way, give or take a whole bunch). My shirt is too small. But I don't care. I'm just amazed that I sewed it all by myself, and it only took three days.

2 comments:

Josiane said...

You did a great job on that shirt! It looks awesome! Too bad you can't wear it (all those different sizing systems are enough to drive the sanest persone crazy!), but at least it was a good learning experience.

Nat said...

Whoa, totally impressive! Did you dye the fabric also?
If I discovered I had to make all my own clothes, I wouldn't ever wear anything complicated again. :) Read sarongs and plain t-shirts.