Thursday, July 03, 2008

eyebrows

This post will probably seem weird to you, so if you are not in the mood to read weird rantings, just ignore it.

But I just have to tell someone that I hate plucking my eyebrows. It's really annoying. Before I became ill, I was able to pay a highly trained professional to apply wax and pull off all the hairs. But I can't do it any more because of the chemicals and the perfumes. I miss it. At times, I miss it more than chocolate. It is one of the few socially acceptable occasions when you can pay someone to inflict undue amounts of pain on you. That is, without puncturing the skin (tattoo artists and phlebotimists come to mind).

What I need is a place, a salon, where I can go and pay a kindly but highly skilled individual to forcibly remove my unwanted hair in an unscented environment. I don't suppose anyone knows of an unscented, petrochemical free, salon complete with esthetician in town anywhere? I think some cunning person should open one up. I would be there with bells on (and hopefully leave there with better shaped eyebrows).

oh yes, I really need a hair cut as well.

That's the end of my rant. I feel better for getting that off my chest. Thanks for listening.




edit: I don't actually know if tattoo's hurt or not, but they involve needles and I find getting blood drawn highly painful. But then again, tattoo needles are smaller, I think, and they don't go as deep. Still, I'm not brave enough to try it for myself just yet.

5 comments:

karrelle said...

Try eyebrow threading. Some information can be found at http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-eyebrow-threading.htm. Also YouTube has some videos.

Leanne said...

I'm not sure where you could find the info, but I'm sure there must be hairstylists that will come to your home, and people who will do eyebrow threading. Maybe call a few salons and ask if they know anyone who does house calls?
Good Luck!

Josiane said...

I was about to suggest finding someone who'd come to your house, but Leanne beat me to it. Hopefully, you'll be able find the right person for you!

Beth said...

Raven, there's apparently a place that does eyebrow threading in Saanich. If you want me to find the name out for you, just email me through the link on my blog. I haven't been there but a friend said she and I should go sometime so I was going to check it out too.

Miss Scarlett said...

Look at everyone having the same advice!

Threading is really quite amazing - and if you take an aspirin or other painkiller half an hour before your appointment it won't hurt much at all.

Hope you find someone good!