Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Luck is a fickle lover

I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.

It all started when I was born on a Tuesday and Tuesdays have haunted my life ever since. If someone close to me becomes suddenly ill or dead, it will happen on a Tuesday. Bad news only reaches me on Tuesdays. Tuesdays are dark days for me. All the evil of the week seems to hold itself back so that it can slam down upon me like the seventh wave on Tuesdays.

In general, I am very lucky. Just look at the lovely items gifted to me over the last few months: a loom, a carder, &c. Please don't think I'm not grateful for my good fortune overall, but, I do pay for it. I pay for it dearly.

This week's bout of bad luck (yep, today is definitely a Tuesday): The one thing I've been looking forward to all summer, taking my Level One Masters Spinners Course, is cancelled. Not enough people signed up to take it. sigh. (that, and apparently I have moderate arthritis in my jaw, which is funny because it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as my knee or my back, and hurts only slightly more than the rest of my major joints - could it be that the human body isn't suppose to hurt all the time? I thought this was just a symptom of being in my late 20s.) Anyway, it's a double whammy today, and it's not even 10am yet.

At least I know that tomorrow isn't a Tuesday, so after midnight tonight, I'll be safe for another week.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

That's too bad that the course had to be cancelled. I hope it will be offered again sometime soon, and that there will be enough people interested at that time for it to take place for real. I'm sorry also to learn about the arthritis. May the several next Tuesdays be bad luck free, and filled with good things!