Saturday, July 05, 2008

Preparing for the Tour de Fleece



I am overly excited about the Tour de Fleece. My goal is to spin one pound of fleece into fine singles that will be eventually plied to make a fingerling weight yarn. I might have to do some plying as well because I only have a few bobbins to work with.





As the challenge begins today, I spent much of last night predrafting my fibre so that I can get off to a good start today.






I've joined Team Van Island and have learnt a few interesting facts about the island (and it's surrounding islands) that I would like to share with you.


(image made by )

tells us:






The 2008 Tour de France will be 3554km long.
Vancouver Island: Length from North to South: 460 kilometres
Width from East to West: 50 - 80 kilometres
Length of coastline: 3 440 kilometres








I also want to offer a prize to the Team Van Isle contestants. If you meet your
goal. I will put your name in for a draw and you can win 2 skeins of Lorna’s
lace Quadra island colour and 250 gr of really nice silk to spin.




Prize! I didn't know there would be prizes! How wonderful. What a great prize (I know, I've seen the yarn, and I want it). Now I have even more incentive to spin up this wool. I did choose rather a large challenge though, I wonder if I was a little too eager. Too late to change my mind now, so I'll be spinning like crazy for the next little while.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

You've chosen an ambitious challenge, that's for sure, but you sound ready to take it up and really motivated! I like the colour of your fiber, it will make for a beautiful sweater!