Thursday, July 03, 2008

seaweed

This week has been a total dud blogging wise. I guess it wasn't so easy to get out of my little funk as I thought it would be. For most of the week I felt as dismal as lost seaweed left limp upon the shore at high tide.



Yet, even seaweed in this state is beautiful. A symphony of colours and textures shimmer in the sunlight. The pale sand is painted with green and red and gold; each leaf gives a hiding place to a plethora of life which would otherwise be destroyed by the sun or the hunting birds who walk the beach looking for lunch.



But I think that today the tide has finally turned (enough beach metaphors yet?). Yesterday I did a major clean of my room. I had help as the dust is horrid. The simple act of removing my computer desk, prefab MDF, and replacing it with a solid wood table has made a considerable difference. Now my computer is the only synthetic object left in my room (yeah for down pillows, the most comfortable pillow in the world).



Still, I wonder if this will be enough. Will it keep the symptoms at bay another month or two... and then what? Do I go back to feeling like uprooted seaweed again?

3 comments:

Nat said...

Nice puns.

Raven, I really really hope you feel better soon. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help or be supportive.

Josiane said...

Beautiful pictures!
I do hope that the positive effect of the changes you made in your room will be long-lasting.

Sarah's Blog said...

Raven
So sorry to hear you're feeling down. I want you to know that in my experience every little thing you do to make a positive change will do just that.

I don't know if it makes you feel any better... cause when you're in The Suck, it sucks but... I want you to remember that there was a time when I was bed-ridden. Unable to bathe myself and could hardly move, think or function. Now I'm fancy free and living an amazing life.

You will get through this. Of this I am sure.

Even though it may feel like you're taking 2 steps forward only to take 3 steps back if you hang in there and keep doing what you're doing - Each tiny step gets you that much closer to optimum health.