Sunday, August 17, 2008

In Defence of Food - Audio

I've just finished In Defence of Food by Michael Pollan. My friend Curlysalamander recommended it to me.

I must admit to you that I didn't actually read it. I listened. I bought the audio book from emusic.com. They are already my main music provider, but I hesitated to buy their audio books.

I like this book a lot. The narrator has a Shatner kind of diction and it makes me laugh when he says things like, 'you're gonna wanna..." Only, think Captain Kirk. You're! ... ... Gonna-wanna... ... somethingsomething.

There is a lot of great stuff in this book - simple rules that are surprisingly easy to live by that not only make you a healthier person, they help the environment and the local economy as well.

My e-book subscription renews today, I wonder if I should get the Omnivore's Dilemma by the same, or treat myself to something extra special: the unabridged Odyssey (my favorite translation)?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for the book suggestion! It sounds interesting so I've placed a hold on it at the library.