Thursday, September 11, 2008

Having fun with math

Yesterday Brenda (my spinning mentor) came 'round to my place and we played with math. More specifically, she helped me plan out what I am going to make on my marvelous loom. Since I'm still forbidden to knit, I figured that weaving wouldn't put too much strain on my wrist. At least that's the plan

Yarn has a way of making math fun. I learned how to calculate out warp and weft requirements. Maybe this weekend if I'm up for it, I can make the warp and get it ready to dress the loom (technical speak for putting the long stringy bits onto the loom). This is going to be quite the adventure.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I hope your wrists will be ok with weaving, that would be great!
I also have weaving on the mind these days, as I just signed up for a weaving class, in order to learn how to make good use of the loom that my great-aunt just gave me! (Lucky me!) I am looking to seeing your project taking shape.