Monday, September 15, 2008

I crossed a line

I crossed a line I told myself I would never even approach. Yesterday's post was far more personal and emotional than I ever wanted to share with you. I accidently tore open my soul and I shouldn't have.

It's not that I don't want you to be part of my life - I wouldn't have this blog if I didn't love you all dearly in the same platonic way that I love yarn. It's just I didn't really plan to share quite so much with you or at least, not share that much with you on this blog.

This blog is for yarn and all those things in life that bring me joy. Writing about Lyme doesn't bring me joy. It makes me despair to think that unless eighty thousand dollars falls into my lap from the heavens, the bacteria will slowly consume what little I have left in this world until there is nothing left but an empty raven shaped shell in a hospitle bed.

I'm still going to deal with this issue, I have to, and I still want to share my experience with any who care to read about it. I just don't want to do it here. Later, when I have energy, I'll set up a blog just for Lyme and reinstate Trampled By Geese as a blog for things that inspire me in the world.

In the mean time, I'm going to take a few days off from blogging in general. It's a busy two weeks coming up and I have a lot to deal with. I'll be back just as soon as I've finished wallowing in self pity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to read about just how much it costs to treat this little-known about disease! Have you looked into any clinical studies for Lyme's? I do hope that somehow you're able to receive the treatment you need!

Debra in NC

Josiane said...

I hope the coming weeks will be good to you, and that there is positive stuff among what you have to deal with. I'll be thinking of you.
Please let me know when the other blog is set up. I understand your need to keep things separate, and to keep this blog as a space for things that are inspiring you. On the other hand, I'm glad that you still want to share your experience in trying to get better, even if it doesn't always happen to be on the bright side. Because I do care.

Beth said...

A friend of mine and her daughter also have been diagnosed with Lyme. I will let you know if they can give me any information that would be helpful to you. They are also travelling back and forth to Seattle for treatment. Hang in there!