Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My mad fortnight of busyness

University starts for me in a couple of days and my mad fortnight of busyness has almost come to an end. I have a memory card full of photos to sort through and share with you.

It's been a crazy mix of doctors and fun, and, surprisingly no yarn. I've even passed by half a dozen yarn shops on my travels. I didn't enter a single one. Obviously, I must be sicker than I thought.

For anyone who's interested, I have a diagnosis. I finally know what's wrong with me. I even have a treatment plan. Although, I will never be able to return to a 'normal' life, in particular when it comes to eating food, within two to four years of treatment I can become a productive member of society again. Today I find out whether I can receive this treatment in Canada. It's um, doubtful as the illness is poorly researched and therefore treatment and diagnostic procedures are difficult for the physician to prescribe. I'm rather worried about how this is going to turn out, but I'm not interested in going into too much detail at the moment. Just, please, wish me luck.

5 comments:

Nat said...

I am so happy for you that you have a diagnosis, but sorry to hear the treatment will be difficult to implement. Best of luck to you, as always let me know if there's anything I can do. If there's anything I can get you from the states, for instance...

Josiane said...

I'm happy to read that there was at least some fun thrown into the mix!
You must be glad to finally have a diagnosis, to finally know and be able to name the thing... I hope the treatment will be available to you in as easy a way as possible. I'm thinking of you while you are probably finding out about it, and am wishing you the best of luck, for now and also for what's yet to come.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to share from those very busy last few days!

marydotmusic said...

I don't comment much, but I do read. I'm glad to hear that you have finally have a diagnosis. Goodluck with things yet to come. :D Stay smiling!

Carrie K said...

Having a diagnosis and knowing that there's now a real possibility of being back in society must be a great relief, no matter how annoying the treatment will be.

Good luck!

Brenda said...

Hope you can get the treatment you need and your health will improve. I think of you often even though I don't comment here much.