Sunday, September 07, 2008

Spinning, drugs and dreams of knitting

In case anyone was wondering, I do remember that there is spinning tomorrow night.

I blame the clarity of memory on drugs. There seems to be improvement; not huge, mind, but any improvement at this point is welcome. I don't know if it is actually because of the drugs (If this is your first time visiting this blog, the drugs are prescription. Read last week's entries.) or because of the fact that I am taking action to get better. Either way, I am well pleased that I have the energy to do things again. I almost hope that it's the placebo effect because if the drugs are working, I'm up for a huge crash later this week or early next. As the bacteria die off, they release all sorts of toxins into my body. They call this the Herx-something effect. Apparently it will be far worse than anything I've felt to date; however, it will pass after a few months and I will, in theory, start getting better.

Now that I finally have the energy to knit again, I just need my wrist to get better so that I can...well, Knit.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I'm happy to read that you can see some improvement. You had mentioned the crash that was to follow the start of the treatment in a previous post, and I was wondering if the medication was its direct or indirect cause. Thanks for explaining. I sincerely hope that the bacteria will forget to release the toxins, so that the crash won't be as bad as predicted (one can always hope, right?).