Thursday, October 09, 2008

Knotty by Nature is moving in

This week, I stopped in to see my friends Stephanie and Ryan, the creators of Knotty by Nature.


They had just received the keys to the the new location for their shop and Stephanie was polishing the wooden floors when I arrived. She took a well deserved break to show me around the place. It's the perfect shop in this great old building with brick walls, high ceilings and wonderful natural lighting. The main floor felt so welcoming already, like the walls were filled with happiness at the thought of yarn and fibre coming to live inside the shop. Downstairs, there is ample room for classes and other activities.


There is still a lot to do before they open, but you can see it in their eyes that this is a labour of love. With great care they set up the displays so that when the stock arrives, it can hop right into its new home. I can't wait to see what treats they have in store for us fibre lovers.

(what a great action shot of Ryan delivering display units)






2 comments:

Josiane said...

You're lucky to be close to that sweet little shop! The day I'll finally get to pay you a visit, Knotty by Nature will be on my list of places to see, that's for sure!

Knotty By Nature Fibres Arts said...

It was really nice to have you come by and have a great visit. Thanks for all of your support!