Thursday, October 02, 2008

scarf




The rains arrived this morning. That means that winter is just around the corner.




The rain arrives in late September to early October, we have a few more days of sunshine here and there, then the world is wet until spring, perhaps with a slight snow in January. The weather here is like clock work. For example, it ALWAYS rains in Vancouver (to varying degrees) for the last two weeks of August, then once labour day is over and kids go back to school, we get summer back with a vengeance. You can set your watch by it, if you watch had seasons and weather instead of hours and minutes.




On the way to class today, even though it wasn't cold as such, the rain made me feel chilled. I realized that I need to wear a scarf. I have several, but non of them really speak to me today. Most of them are either too light or are made from synthetic material. I think I need a new one.




Good thing I have a loom and stash. I've measured off the warp for some scarves and now it's time to dress the loom. I didn't have the energy to do it in September, but I have a feeling that this month is going to be different.

2 comments:

sarsbar said...

Oooo goody - the loom in action! Can't wait to see what wonderful goodness you produce.

Josiane said...

Oh, great! I'm looking forward to seeing your work in progress.
I made a short trip to Montreal this week, and I went to my favorite LYS where I almost bought yarn to weave a scarf... but finally decided to wait and learn a little more in my weaving class, because I wasn't sure how well the idea I had in mind could come out on the loom. Now I'm really curious to see yours!