Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Armistice Day

My G'pa served in the British military every single day of the second world war. He was just finishing up his mandatory service when the war broke out and as a result he didn't meet his son until he (his son) was three years old. He spent years away from the people he loved and saw things that I really cannot imagine.

I'm not a big fan of war or fighting, but I do respect the suffering of those who experience it (both military and civilians). I understand that it is horrible. I am thankful that I have never experienced anything like it in my life so far.

I want to say thank you to all the troops who fought in all the wars, thank you to their families who suffered without, and thank you to those who never made it home. Thank you.


But most of all, I want to raise a great big middle finger to the politicians who let war happen. Those guys suck.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Well said... all of it!