Monday, November 10, 2008

Brazil

In 10 days I have to give up my craft/living room to a house guest (let's call her Brazil). This is actually a good thing because it forces me to finish several projects that I have on the go. I just didn't think there would be so many.

I am, apparently, a multitasker. I have projects in every stage of development. I have projects that exist as half formed ideas in my mind to almost finished but still in need of five minutes of finishing touches. There are some projects that are simply raw materials, these can just be put away as is. Some projects, a sweater for example, are singles on a bobbin waiting to be plied, washed and knit. This project I can simply ply off the yarn, wash it and put it in my stash until I am ready to knit it. I have a big bag of half finished knitting which doesn't take up too much space, so I don't think they need urgent attention. There are some carded fibres that need a bit more carding before I can spin them. They take up lots of room, so they need dealing with before too much longer. I also have some sewing on the go that is at a stage I really can't put it away without finishing it.

It does feel good to spend time and finish up these projects. I'm working slowly at them all, and hopefully I will be finished with enough time left over to dust, vacuum, and tidy up.

Brazil hasn't seen us in several years, so I'm curious as to what she will think. I don't think we are anything like we were last time she was here, but we might be exactly the kind of people she likes. All I know is that she will be sharing her 'guest room' with lots of yarn, spinning wheels, spinning fibres, and a giant loom. I hope she's up for it.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I'm looking forward to seeing those finished projects on here!