Wednesday, November 12, 2008

sweet tooth

Wouldn't this make a nice Christmas treat? I wonder if I could adjust the recipe to get rid of all the sugar and perhaps have honey and/or maple syrup instead. Instead of icing sugar and cornstarch, perhaps I could find something sweet that I can grind into powder (stevia?) or perhaps just add spices in with the cornstarch.


Even if you don't have a sweet tooth, have a look at the photos, simply mouthwatering. (you know, it's funny, this is the first non-vegan recipe for marshmallow I've seen.)

4 comments:

Josiane said...

If ever you try the recipe with the modifications you have in mind, please let us know! I'd be curious to know how it went. Homemade marshmallows must be so much better than store-bought, but I simply can't bring myself to use that much sugar in a recipe - even though I have a sweet tooth!

TinkingBell said...

Oh yum - now I'm trying to think which things I have in the pantry to make that....

Friends of Trampled by Geese said...

Eeew... just not a marshmallow fan here! Go for it, if you want. But for me? Something with roasted almonds and dark chocolate!

Erynn said...

so many food sensitivities here I can't do marshmallows either, or the recipe as it stands. Maybe it would work with a combination of Agave necatar, agar agar and rice flour?