Sunday, November 23, 2008

This and that

I can hardly believe it, but yesterday when I was out walking with Brazil, someone stopped me and told me that they like my coat. It's the first time I've worn it while out and about and to be stopped by a random stranger and complimented on my coat made me feel really nice, albeit, shy.



To answer a question on an earlier post, the coat fabric is the last of some 'unknown content' (thus on sale). I think it has a lot of wool in it, perhaps 10% synthetic like nylon and possibly a small amount of a goat fibre. Time wise, well... it took four days to cut out the pattern and fabric, a day to iron on the interfacing (fumes from glue meant I needed to take frequent brakes), and about a week to put it together (I still have to modify some bits of the lining). But I know how to do it now, so it would be about half the amount of time next coat. I'm actually full of ideas of how to make it better and since it isn't as warm as I had hoped, I think I might take a trip to fabric land to see if they have any coat fabric on sale. I really want to see if my improvements would work.









In other news, I received a lovely gift from a lovely person this week (thank you Kitten):



Hand dyed silk by Twist of Fate.





Twist of Fate has generously donated a thank you prise to Trampled by Fleece, two $15 gift certificates. There are so many other great thank you prizes that people have donated, I wish I could enter the competition.



Thank you to everyone who has donated time and gifts to the cause. Also a big thank you to everyone who has sent in donations so far. I'm very greatful.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I'm not surprised that you were stopped by someone who wanted to compliment you on your coat: it is totally praise-worthy! The next coat you'll sew will be simply amazing.
I can't wait to see what your gifted hands will make out of this lovely hand dyed silk!