Friday, November 28, 2008

What's the deal with Black Tuesday anyway?

This can't be a real news story. Can it? Honestly, I know shopping kills, but if this is what our Western way of life comes to, then count me out. Sometimes, people make me sick.

I'm going to go drink a cuppa tea, that will make me feel better about the world.


EDIT: Feeling better now, sorry about the rant, I was just shocked and dismayed. I mean, Wal-Mart doesn't even carry great yarn (yes, they do have the best dishcloth cotton, but other than that, I'm not the kind of person to go in for synthetics - they make me itch).

5 comments:

teabird said...

I posted about it earlier - it is a real story. It's just sick.

Debra in NC said...

Yes, it's real, and I agree, it's sick. I always stay home on Black Friday, there's no sale out there worth one's life!

But, who takes the blame....the crowds, or the stores themselves? After all, for the last couple of weeks on tv almost all of the commercials have been about "Black Friday" sales. Why, when sales will continue throughout right up until Christmas? It's senseless to think one has to be the first one in a store just for a bargain.

I feel very sorry for this peron's family....I can't imagine their grief.

I don't know, it's mind boggling.

Natalie Freed said...

This makes me so sick, and want to cry. I went shopping today and now I feel ashamed for buying anything at all, even though I didn't see anything like a crowd that big or crazy. I was hoping the economic crisis might lead to handmade holidays and less consumerism, not fear and desperation.

Josiane said...

What a terrible and sad story.

Carrie K said...

Sadly the only one feeling fear and desperation was the poor man who was killed.

I don't get the whole Christmas present thing anyway.