Saturday, December 27, 2008

Boxing day fun

Boxing day at Knotty by Nature was a great deal of fun, as expected.

I must have stayed there at least two hours. There were people playing chess, knitters, and shoppers. I had some wonderful conversations and a nice warm mug of tea. I even bought myself a lazy Kate with a gift certificate some kind people gave me. This is going to make my life so much easier. My current Lazy Kate has just about driven me up the wall. Because the old one has no tension system, the yarn, rather thin yarn I might add, snaps back and forth and often breaks when I try to ply. Hopefully, I`ll find my camera around here somewhere and take some photos for you soon. I know it`s in the house. I just have to figure out where.

Last night I dreamt of the weeping angel. At least I think that is what it was called. A friend was telling me about it while we knit at Knotty by Nature.

It was a very strange and insightful dream. In my dream I entered the room where the weeping angel was and when I looked at it`s face, it actually started crying real tears. Then a person for whom I have many strong emotions, both positive and negative, entered the room and I feel backwards. It felt like a great big invisible back pack had been put on my back and it was too heavy for me to get up. At that same moment the angel fell off the platform she was on and no matter how many people tried to prevent it, she kept falling. Then suddenly the weight left my shoulders and I could move again but the angel was irretrievable. A strange dream. I`ve never dreamt of something so religious before. Well, there was that one time I dreamt I was walking in the desert with Mohammed, but I don`t think it was really him. Why would he want to hang out with an atheist like me?

I left some rather personal and important details out of this dream, but I think I know what it is saying to me. It`s right, I need to take that worry off my back. There is nothing I can do about it and that person is no longer part of my life. It is just so darn difficult to let go sometimes.

All in all, it was a very healing boxing day. Best one I`ve had yet.


Errata: corrected spelling

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I'm so glad that you could have a good time at Knotty by Nature! That gift certificate was a very thoughtful gift, and it's great that you could use it for a tool that will make your plying so much easier.
I hope your dream will help you let go of that worry you've kept on your back. And really, I see many reasons why Mohammed would want to hang out with you! ;)