Monday, December 15, 2008

Darn and snow



Yesterday I ventured out into the snow. Just a quick walk to the shop and back to get some extra groceries so that I don't have to leave the house 'till the end of the week. It's fun walking in the snow, especially before it gets all dirty and smushed down by people. It reminds me of when I was little and made snow angles. I use to look for the most pristine bit of snow, then jump at it from a distance so that I would land on my back, made the snow angle and then carefully get up so not to disturb the impression then jump back to my original foot prints. Ah, youth.








When I got home, I tried my hand at darning socks. All my warm socks were either in need of a wash or on the verge of braking. So, I taught myself to darn.








It's actually not hard. I thought this was going to be impossible, but it's easier than kitchener stitch. And I'm one of those weird people who enjoy grafting (ktst) - it's the most satisfying part of knitting a sock, it means that I'm finished.








This morning I discovered what happens when it's windy, snowy and you leave your window open.








Snow draft inside the house! Made me laugh.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Oh my! You really need your warm socks when snow drafts inside the house! :)