Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The real reason behind politics

There, I've had my coffee, some oatmeal with raisins, and some online videos of Rick Mercer. All necessary for putting the world into perspective.

I remember now what I forgot this morning, politics aren't there to annoy, they are there to entertain. It's like an almost funny farce watching these people calmer around Ottawa. It's a great city and I can understand why they would want to hang out there. It snows in the winter, every winter (unlike some cities I might add - hint, hint Victoria), and they have great pubs. Next time I start getting all grouchy at our leaders and wannabe leaders, I turn to Rick Mercer for help. He always helps me see that the real reason politics exists is so that we have something to laugh about.

For a non political video that might make you smile, have a look at this.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I wish I could share with you the works of some of the political humorists we have over here. There's one group in particular that I really like, and you'd like them a lot too, no matter how different our views on politics may be: no politician is safe with them, no matter to which party they belong! Really, it's too bad I can't share their work with you because it's in French - I sincerely think you'd love it.