Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well, this is the end of 2008

2008 has been quite the year for me.

I developed new skills like how to sew, how to weave and how to slam my arm in the car door. I got some new toys like this wheel and a counter top mill (both very beneficial for my health). I went to my very first spin-in and spent the day helping Fun Knits at the Victoria Fibre Fest. And so many other things.

2008 is also the year that after a long time of not knowing what was wrong with me, I learnt that I have Lyme and I was able to begin my journey towards good health.

Looking back at all the things I've done and all the things that have happened to me over the last twelve months, there one thing that stands out. I never expected this to happen because I didn't know it still existed in this world. I feel part of a community. When I realized just how much was involved in getting well, I didn't think I could manage it. But to my amazement, people gathered around and helped me in so many ways. You have all been wonderful. I know that I wouldn't be here without you; however, I don't know the right words to say thank you. I feel so indebted. Everything from the largest gift to the smallest hug or smile, has made a world of difference in my life. Thank you.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Josiane said...

I'm very grateful I got to know you in 2008, and I'm looking forward to knowing you better in 2009. Who knows, maybe this is the year I'll get to visit the west coast? :)
May the coming year bring you joy, peace, and great progress on your path to recovery and good health.
{{{big hugs}}}

Sarah's Blog said...

Smooch!