Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ginger








This rabbit seems to be exceptionally social. Every time someone does something in the next room, she hops over to see what's happening. Once she got use to me, she was willing to let me sit her down and comb her for almost an hour. She is definitely an indoor rabbit.






I'm a little worried about her because the house where she lived before had several avid smokers in it. It was a very impressive amount of tobacco. I worry that Ginger may be addicted to nicotine. I hope she doesn't go into withdrawal. Can rabbits become addicts?

Anyone have any tips on how to care for a long haired rabbit? I've read all sorts of things online, but I would still like to hear more. I'm use to the independent kind of wabbit that lives in a cage out in the yard and eats all our veggie peals, turning them into compost. I've never had such a social pet before.

4 comments:

Natalie Freed said...

You've probably run across this online already, but I thought this page was very good:

http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/angora-care.shtml

I wants a bunny too :(

Sarah's Blog said...

She is sooo cute!

Josiane said...

I never would have thought about the possibility of addicition. Dealing with withdrawal symptoms sure wouldn't be fun for her! Hopefully, things will be ok, and she'll simply be relieved and happy to be able to breathe clean air free of secondary smoke...

Jen said...

Awe, she's so cute. I'd say cuddle her if she'll let you. And talk to her lots, brush her, get her used to being handled.

Does she get out to stretch her legs? I wonder if you could find a little bunny, or maybe cat, harness that you can put on her to take her out...mind you, she might resist getting into a harness. But, it might also be nice for her to get outside.

I'll help, if you need it. I'd love to meet her. And then put her in my hand bag and run away with her...