Saturday, January 24, 2009

Packing






I'm a bit worried that Ginger, my new rabbit, is a bit too smart for a rabbit. She has a rather large comprehension of English and is more than able to communicate her desires. She is fairly obedient, especially now I know what she likes, but, I still think she is too smart for a rabbit. I like a pet to be intelligent, but not too much. My first cat was this way - too smart. I was never certain who owned who. My second cat was far too dumb to begin with and when she slipped into senility, well that was almost intolerable. She became paranoid of string, food, shadows, carpet, paper, and several other things. Cute, but overall, a VERY stupid cat. I'm still not certain how I feel about Ginger being too smart. I do enjoy having a pet that can learn. I don't think she would do very well as an outdoor pet. She's too dependent on social interaction for that. She seems to need constant petting and if you haven't pet her enough lately, she lets you know.









In other news, we've been packing for the upcoming move. Well, Dad's been packing. I'm not allowed to. Too much dust which would make me ill.






He's packed most of my stuff. All my yarn, many of my yarn related supplies, including my carder.






I wanted some yarn for something the other day, but dad wouldn't unpack it, so I went to Knotty by Nature and Stephanie showed me how to blend some fibre for spinning. It turned out really great. It made me happy.





Vancouver Island Wool, carbonized bamboo, t-silk, some cordial, some Blue Face Lester, and bits of other things laying around. I'm totally in love with spinning this kind of thing and I think I might stop by again in the next day or so for some more blending.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I hope the move goes well. I'm looking forward to seeing your new place and meeting Ginger!

Josiane said...

What a lovely blend! I have yet to try spinning that kind of blend, so I'm not sure how I'd like it, but I suspect it would force me to step out of my comfort zone a bit, letting go of the idea of a "perfect" yarn and also of trying to have my usual degree of control over the finished product. I guess it would be an interesting experience, one that would open me up to new forms of creativity, which wouldn't be a bad thing at all!

Patricia said...

Hi Raven: Don't know if you saw my comment about your toxicity problem related to your book on detox. Want to help. Details at your post.

Anyway, your bunny problems sound like the kind a person would want to have! I look forward to hearing how it goes. As woo-woo as it sounds, I've heard that animals respond well to telepathic images of how things will turn out. So you might want to send images to Ginger of her behaviours if she is smart but not too smart. Who knows, she may respond? It's actually worked alarming well for my cat, although we're working from the other end of the spectrum - dumb but not too dumb.
Patricia @ pewilk108@gmail.com

Strata193 said...

How fantastic that Ginger likes to snuggle. Most bunnies I've met are kind of stand-offish. She sounds awesome!!