Saturday, October 23, 2010

2 socks in 1


I really am a sucker for new knitting techniques. And to be honest, there is nothing quite so much fun for me than to try them with my very own handspun yarn. I love a challenge.

During the Tour de Fleece 2010, I won a prize of hand dyed Shetland fibre from Waterloo Wools. Right away I spun it up into sock yarn.

I got out my double point needles and cast on a pair of socks. That's two socks at the same time on the same set of double point needles. How you ask? Well, have a read of this article in Knitty.com.



Here they are, finished at long last. They are so comfy that I'm tempted to keep them just for bed socks.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

The fibre you'd won turned into really lovely socks! They're beautiful, and I can easily imagine how fabulous they feel on your feet. :)