Saturday, October 09, 2021

Can I grow cotton as a houseplant? Spoiler alert - YES!

I've been growing cotton plants in Canada for a few years now.  Mostly in the greenhouse, with mediocre results (harvest 3 years out of 5).

But being bitten by the houseplant bug  I decided to try my hand at cotton as a potted plant.  After all, it is perennial, has beautiful foliage, and gorgeous flowers.



Oh, and it produces cotton I can pick and spin.


Here's a short video with a timelapse of the flower, how I pollinate it, and the result.  


If you like this sort of thing and want to see more of it, here are some things you can do to support me on my creative journey.

- go to youtube and give me a thumbs up!  Or even a subscribe!  That would be awesome
- or pop over to my Etsy shop and support me that way.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Nice! I do a very poor job of keeping house plants alive and thriving, but it's great to know that people with a greener thumb manage to do it with cotton, even here!