Saturday, February 26, 2022

My Treasure - Can I repair this waterlogged Singer Featherweight sewing machine?

The amount of water coming out of the box as it was handed to me, reminded me of scenes from a movie where they pull a treasure chest up from the bottom of the ocean.

I admit, I was worried.



As the history of this blog shows, I'm not a stranger to repairing these old machines - be it sewing, typewriter, or other long lost treasure.  'Though, I've never tackled something this decayed before.

Is it repairable?  And am I the person to do it?  

I hope you join me on this journey.    




1 comment:

Josiane said...

Oh my! You're braver than I am! I can't wait to learn whether it is in fact repairable. I hope it is, because I'm totally here for the whole journey! Something tells me that watching you tackling this sewing machine repair will help make the work I need to do on mine much less intimidating…