Thursday, December 02, 2010

Warping the Saori way.


I was worried about loosing what I learnt at the Saori workshop. So I got out my little table loom and did my best to warp the Saori way.




I hope that if I keep doing it then it will become permanent knowledge. All those dreams I had about warping really helped.

It took me an entire day (well, with feeding the animals and catching up on all the farm chores, it was more like 4 hours) to warp my little table loom. I didn't realize just how well designed the Saori loom was until I tried to do the same thing on a little wooden loom that fought me every step of the way. But I managed it in the end.

I just made a short warp because I need more practice. I hope it rains today so I can wind another warp and try it again. But, if the weather is good, I have to go and get ready for the llama and alpacas that will arrive early next week. That and go to the doctor, and do running around, and care for the chickens and the ducks, and...well it's a long list.

I sure would like to weave a hat or scarf for the woman who is bringing the llama and alpacas.


1 comment:

Josiane said...

You're really making me want to know more about Saori weaving! It's interesting to learn that the Saori looms make the process of warping so much easier than regular looms. I'll find a way to try one, one day...