Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Experienced shepherdess seeks bummer - only ewe lambs need apply.



I am looking for a young ewe lamb or two to hand raise and join my flock.

I have a small fibre flock and work from home.  I love spending time with my sheep.  But we aren't lambing this year and I miss having the little bleaters underfoot. 

I would like to buy one or two young ewe-lambs, not yet weaned.  Preferably a bummer that the mum is unable/unwilling to care for. 

I have no specific breed in mind, but I would like it to be a squishy wool good for sweaters and socks (most of my current flock are Cotswolds).  A Suffolk or Suffolk X would be lovely for sentimental reasons.  Will consider "meat" breeds as they often have lovely fibre - what keeps a meat sheep happy and healthy also makes good wool. 

This will be a forever home.



Rams, wethers, and hair sheep need not apply.


I put this in the local classified ads this week.  I hope it gets some results.  


1 comment:

Josiane said...

Fingers crossed the perfect candidates see this and reach out to you! Your farm would be the most awesome forever home for them.