Wednesday, August 17, 2022

My PO box project

 This arrived in my PO box this week.  


This cloth is a gift from an online friend and I'm so honoured they thought of me.  


The description Mood has for this cloth is;

Don't get cot-ton the cold, sew your winter-weight wardrobe now, starring our White, Blue and Green Cotton and Linen Tweed. Have you ever seen bright white, sea blue, evergreen, and toasted brown behave so well together? Varying in thickness all-the-while tightly twisted, these cotton and linen blended yarns compose a material so soft and breathable. A slightly crisp hand with a superb amount of texture complements the relaxed drape and sturdy, medium weight. Mix and match a fantastic work-friendly wardrobe of suiting separates; look dressed-to-kill wearing mini skirts and cropped jackets; ride the blazer dress trend or create coats, and more. Whichever you may choose, we highly recommend opting for a high-quality lining to not only gift your garment full opacity but to aid in preventing the twisted yarn from unraveling at the seams. We also suggest serging all raw edges or trimming them with pinking shears.

It contains: 55% Cotton, 21% Linen, 19% Polyester, 5% Other Fibers and the washing instructions are 
"Dry-cleaning recommended. If you prefer to hand-wash your linen garment, test a swatch first to ensure you’re satisfied with the softer hand that will result."

It's a super-fun fabric, and although mood says it's "Cream/blue" colourway, I get a strong green feeling from it at first glance.  This is a good thing because it happened that the night before it arrived, I had a dream that I had to go to a thrift shop because something necessary would be there.  So while heading to the post office, I stopped in and just happened to find a couple of cute buttons and an uncut pattern for a jacket.  I used my Ko-Fi money and it covered everything. 

This project is coming together in a very 'this is meant to be' kind of way.  





Now tell me, am I completely crazy thinking these might go together?  

although, I think I'm more likely to wear the shorter jacket here.



The pattern doesn't include any buttons, but I wonder... maybe I can make some changes?  I already need to do an FBA (full bust adjustment) but the princess seams should make that easy enough and the lines on this are super-cute.

Or maybe there is something better to make with this fabric?

I've got the duffle coat project to finish first, and I still need to find some lining for this fabric before I settle on a project.  So there's lots of time to change design plans.  Any suggestions?  


2 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm useless in the suggestion department, but have to say it's really interesting fabric. I think it will make a lovely jacket.

Josiane said...

I can't help but echo Leigh's words: that's really interesting fabric! How fun that a pattern and buttons that'd be perfect for it were waiting for you at the thrift store! If you decide that the jacket isn't quite what you want it to become (or if you don't have enough fabric for it), it might work well for a skirt, too.