Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Someone somewhere recently asked me how I plan and work on my videos.

Chaotically





So this is a list I made for myself.  This includes the videos I am actively working on and if they have any deadlines (and yes, dyslexia is a thing - don't even bother correcting, I promise it will do more harm than good).


To get on this list, the video needs to be in the filming, editing, writing, crafting, or gathering materials stage.  The list fails to include some of the long-term projects where I'm gathering footage over several years (I started a flax video in 2019 for example), videos still in the planning stages, or videos that got stalled in the editing due to not having the right story to be worth making... yet.  There are also a few secret projects that won't make it into this either.  


2 comments:

Leigh said...

Finally getting caught up on my blog reading. The topic of creativity and organizing the process is a fascinating one to me. Lists are invaluable, but there is still a lot of mental planning and organization behind those lists, especially how and when things are checked off. I guess my question would be how and when do you choose to work on any given one? Is it by deadlines, inspiration, or ??? Can't argue with your results. You consistently produce excellent quality videos.

Josiane said...

I appreciated getting this glimpse into the amount of work that's behind every one of the items on the list—as well as the fact that there's even more going on that's not on the list. This is all super impressive to me, especially since it seems like I can't make progress on even the simplest things these days, let alone projects with as many moving parts as your wonderful videos! I'm happy that you enjoy doing it, and that we get to enjoy the fruits of your labour!