Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012 - Prologue

Today is the first day of the Tour de France, which makes it the start of the Tour de Fleece.

The Tour de Fleece is a yarn-sport where we honour those heroic athletes by, um, playing with yarn.  For me, it means getting up at ungodly hours to watch the Tour live on TV while I spin yarn.  It's a fantastic motivator and comes at the time of year when I need motivating the most.

This year, I'm sticking with the Peloton.  My goal is to transform some of my fibre stash into yarn.

Today being the prologue, I basically just cleaned off my bobbins and tested my muscles.




A beautiful hand dyed Marino fibre, dyed by Ryan of Knotty by Nature.  I had spun it up durring the yurt adventures earlier this year, so today I navajo plied it and now it's 100yds of lovely, soft, sock/fingerling weight yarn.




By the way:  Special Tour de France discount at my etsy shop.  Type TDF2012 at checkout for 15% off fibre, yarn, well, actually everything.  Sorry, does not discount shipping.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Oh, what pretty yarn! I'm looking forward to seeing all the loveliness you'll spin up in the next few weeks. Happy Tour de Fleece!